Regional Players Hold Sway
The liquid thermal interface materials market is highly fragmented, with a significant presence of unorganized players. In addition to unorganized players, the regional players also account for a significant market share.
Players in the liquid thermal interface materials market are focusing on investments in collaborative research & development and new product launches to consolidate their position in the market. Some of the recent notable developments in the liquid thermal interface materials market include:
- To capitalize on the growing demand for lithium-ion battery thermal management, Lord Corporation launched new liquid gap fillers to be used in combination with gap pads specifically for electric vehicle batteries which offer improved thermal pathways for heat dissipation in lithium-ion batteries.
- With innovative liquid thermal interface materials finding extensive consumer base, Henkel, a leading player in the liquid thermal interface materials market launched a cure-in-place liquid gap filler which offers an array of benefits in high-volume and high-value assemblies. Additionally, the cure-in-place liquid thermal interface forms a peelable layer that could be taken off without the need of force protecting the sensitive components of electric circuits.
Ask for Country Specific Data-
- In line with the growing innovation in the thermal interface product manufacturing, WACKER and Fuji Polymer Industries announced collaboration for production of innovative silicon-based thermal interface materials for electronic devices and batteries of electronic vehicles.
- To overcome the problem of lack of optimal contact in thermal interface materials, researchers have developed a liquid thermal interface material which uses copper and nano particles for efficient thermal conduction.
- Another research discovered that the combination of thin aluminum foil coated with a non-silicone compound could replace thermal grease as an efficient thermal interface.
Other players profiled in the report include 3M, Indium Corporation, DowDuPont, Laird Technology, Boyd Corporation, Shin-Etsu Chemical Ltd., Parker Hannifin Corp, and Marian Inc.
Get market alerts-
‘Compactness’ Feature Driving Adoption
Liquid thermal interface materials are finding increasing utilization in consumer electronics, communication devices, and computers as the demand for high-power and high-performance circuitry in devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops continues to rise. Consequently, systems such as flip-chip BGA form factor packages have been developed to cater to the growing demands for high-performance and high-functioning microprocessors and ASICs. Liquid thermal interface material is gradually being integrated into microprocessors for providing the medium for efficient dissipation of heat produced while processing and functioning. Additionally, liquid thermal interface materials comply with the mechanical and size constraints in compact electronic systems which is further driving their adoption in the industry.
Development of Liquid Metal Thermal Interface Materials Imperative to Market Growth
Liquid metals are gradually gaining traction in thermal management systems owing to their prolific heat extraction and conducting capabilities which offer higher efficiency than conventional coolants in use. With liquid metals offering better thermal management capabilities, numerous researches are working towards developing new thermal interfaces which leverage liquid metal capabilities to improve the system’s thermal conductivity. For instance, recent research which tested silver-filled thermal adhesives concluded the liquid metal thermal interface offers a reliable heat dissipation solution for high-performance electronics owing to its low thermal resistance and high conduction properties.
We are an insights-driven global market intelligence company with a unique purpose: enabling organizations make better decisions. We do this by creating an ecosystem where an eclectic cognitive collaboration between human imagination and data science leads to path breaking ideas.
Our vision is to foster a pervasive culture where critical business decisions are taken on the basis of facts rather than assumptions and perceptions.
Our mission is empowerment – empowerment of free-thought; empowerment of fact-based decisions; empowerment of decisive action.